Pride of the West has once again been invited to Pearl Harbor for the 75th Commemoration Events in November 2016. We were the only band representing the state of Arizona during the 70th anniversary activities. On our last trip we performed at the U.S.S. Missouri, U.S.S Arizona Memorial, and in the Waikiki Parade. This trip was a very moving experience for our students five years ago, so we would like for our current students to experience the same awe inspiring events.
In order for us to be able to give all of our current students this opportunity, we will need to raise $500,000. We currently have approximately 200 students and the trip is estimated to cost $2,500 per student. In order to help each parent raise the $2,500, we have summarized the best fundraising opportunities below:
Note: There are two different entities involve in collecting funds for Pearl Harbor. The first is Mountain Ridge High School, a public school (MRHS Band). The second is Mountain Ridge High School Band Aides (Boosters), a 501(c)3 corporation (MRHS Band Aides). Each of the below fundraising options will identify which entity should receive the funds. All funds will ultimately end up in a student's Charms account and will be applied to the Pearl Harbor trip upon direction from a parent or guardian.
1) Arizona State Tax Credits - Must be paid directly to the district or school:
- Can pay via debit or credit card (no fees applied) at: CLICK HERE. When using this method, please make sure a copy of the receipt is sent to Mr. Hattendorf at the address at the bottom of this page.
- Can pay via check to "MRHS Band" with the associated 2016 Tax Credit Form. CLICK HERE for PDF of AZ State Tax Credit Form. Send both the check and the form to Mr. Hattendorf at the address at the bottom of this page.
- 100% goes to the identified student as long as Mr. Hattendorf receives the all of the appropriate information.
- Consult your tax advisor for implications to your Arizona State Taxes.
2) Direct Donations (non-AZ Tax Credit donation) - Can be paid to either entity:
- If your friends and family cannot submit Arizona State Tax Credits, they can make a direct donation.
- Can donate via debit/credit card (fees applied) at: CLICK HERE.
- Can donate via check to "MRHS Band" send the check, the student's name, and indicate the check is for Pearl Harbor to Mr. Hattendorf at the address at the bottom of this page.
- 100% goes to the identified student as long as the student is properly identified.
- Consult your tax advisor for implications to your Federal and State Taxes.
3) Company Matching Donations - Can be paid to either entity:
- For anyone who has received a donation via Arizona State Tax Credits or Direct Donations that comes from someone working for a company that matches charitable donations, you can take advantage of these funds as well.
- If their particular company will only match funds sent to public schools, then make sure the original funds are sent to the district or school.
- If their particular company will only match funds sent to 501(c)3 organizations, then make sure the original funds are sent to Mountain Ridge High School Band Aides (Boosters).
- 100% goes to the identified student as long as the matching donation is properly tracked.
4) Go Fund Me - Funds should be sent directly to the family:
- This service appears to be the best automated way to gather funds for a cause for the lowest fees.
- Go Fund Me charges 8%, however if you think you can get more people to donate to your Pearl Harbor fund than other methods with no fees, then this might be the way to generate the funds you need.
- The net amount your family receives can then be sent to Mr. Hattendorf at the address at the bottom of this page. The check should be made out to "MRHS Band", should include the student's name, and indicate the check is for Pearl Harbor.
- 100% of the net amount the family receives will go to your student as long as it is properly tracked.
5) Mountain Ridge Band Aides Fundraising:
- MRHS Band Aides offers two fundraising events which can be directly applied to your student's Pearl Harbor account.
- $4,000 Raffle - This semi-annual raffle can generate $10 for each ticket sold to your student's Pearl Harbor account.
- Cucina Tagliani - This year round fundraiser allows you to donate 20% of the amount to spend at Cucina Tagliani as long as you indicate to your waiter/waitress the name of your school and student name.
Mountain Ridge High School
c/o Mr. Hattendorf
22800 N. 67th Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85310